www.sarajaneboyersbooks.com
(coming soon!)

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sundance, 1600 & the 4th






Away for the 4th in Sundance, UT where the rain (rain daily in July? Think about global warming) has kept it green. Just on one hike there are deer, incredible wildflowers and peaceful times.

Not really a landscape photographer, the question is how what I photograph becomes meaningful to me in a manner in which to convey that to others. While seduced by the blinding beauty, for once I am trying to reserve my thoughts and images.

At the open air Utah Symphony concert therefore, only a few pics with the little Leica point & shoot using only ambient light. Something I've never done: pushed the ISO to 1600. No tripod. Chromatic aberration everywhere but hey - the pic of everyone walking down the ski slope turns into an impressionist moment.

Note: SJB photo by Christine Kummer-Hardt