www.sarajaneboyersbooks.com
(coming soon!)

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Done... for the moment



Well, I've sent out the emails announcing the website redo so I guess it is done, if only for now.

Among the "What I love. What I don't," format that I seem to be using: The fluidity of a website is truly invaluable, as long as one can control it. I plan to turn soon to my sarajaneboyers.com, a never completed site for my literary work and, by virtue of the eponoymous title, probably the main directory site for me. But I've never really spent enough time in Dreamweaver to figure out how to work with it. Not too hard but again, just a matter of time when I'd rather photograph, write or work on projects. For these tools become housekeeping hogs as well.

However, now seems to be the time, if only to gain several additional archival pages for specific exhibition of some photographic or literary projects that can be made private.

Like opening a creaky door into a darkened room, I hope, and finding a treasure there. Or let us hope that some of you will...

What I don't like: managing now all of these spaces. The photo website. The literary/main website. The teen activism book website. The Saatchi online gallery. The LALOP blog. THIS BLOG! At least four email addresses. Facebook. Linked In. And, we don't even want to discuss the russian spam...


In any event, this is all at least a serious start. I watched tonight as photographers handed out their cards at the opening of the inaugural photographic exhibition at the new Annenberg Beach House, although much of the professional part fell away as we walked down to the beach from home . What a privilege to watch the mountains fade into the sunset (caught below!)


We do live in a terrific age when we can simply point others to our images online. I love a portfolio, still think it is the best way to present, but this facile introduction to one's work just cannot be beat.